The Steam Boy gets a new name and pre-order price
Subject: General Tech | August 12, 2015 - 04:06 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gaming, Steam Machine, valve, Smach Zero
The portable Steam machine previously referred to as the Steam Boy is now called the Smach Zero and you can pre-order it starting November 10th for $300. The device will feature a 5-inch 720p touch screen powered by an AMD Steppe Eagle SoC with a Jaguar-based CPU and GCN-based Radeon graphics. It will have 4GB of RAM onboard, 32GB of internal storage with more available vis an SD Card Slot and support for USB OTG. HEXUS was told the device should be able to handle Half-Life 2, Civilization V, Dota 2, Tropico 5, BioShock Infinite or Cities: Skylines on its integral display or outputted via the HDMI port. Check out more on the Smach Zero here.
"Smach Zero Steam Machine pre-order availability and pricing have both been confirmed by the device maker. Smach published a press release yesterday saying that the handheld will be available on pre-order from 10th November at a special introductory price of $299."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- X-wings, pirates and a generic Lara: Gamescom 2015 @ The Register
- Never Pre-Order: Anno 2205 Pre-order Bonus Beta Canned @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Stasis Comes Out Of Stasis On August 31st @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Pillars Of Eternity’s White March Improves As Well As Expanding @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Rocket League Adding Weirder Fields, Talking About Mods @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Flocked Off: Gathering Sky Hits PC Next Week @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN