Samsung's new Supremely Suspcious Deal
Subject: General Tech | December 11, 2018 - 01:10 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: supreme, oops, Samsung
It will be a surprise to many that Supreme is a skateboard fashion brand; even more surprised was Supreme, when Samsung announced they were forming some sort of partnership with the company. It seems that a knock-off version of the New York based provider of duds for skaters exists in Italy, thanks to a less than effective trademark and that company not only convinced Samsung they were the real deal but also that it would benefit Samsung to partner with them to host a big fashion show in Beijing.
Samsung is rather embarrassed about the whole thing, so don't taunt them too much. Pop by Ars Technica for a bit of a lesson on why you should double check anything a skater tells you is true!
"Supreme is not working with Samsung, opening a flagship location in Beijing or participating in a Mercedes-Benz runway show. These claims are blatantly false and propagated by a counterfeit organization."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Sony's PlayStation Classic can be easily hacked thanks to weak cryptography @ The Inquirer
- Super Micro Says Review Found No Malicious Chips in Motherboards @ Slashdot
- Latest Google+ flaw leads Chocolate Factory to shut down site early @ The Register
- HoloLens 2 might ditch Intel for Qualcomm's Snapdragon 850 @ The Inquirer
- Did you know that iOS ad clicks cost more than Android? These scammers did @ The Register
- Christmas 2018 Mega Worldwide Joint Giveaway @ NikKTech