Read more about Intel's new Cherry Trail
Subject: General Tech | March 2, 2015 - 01:49 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: SoFIA, silvermont, modem, LTE, Intel, Cherry Trail, atom x7, atom x5, atom x3, 7260
With MWC in full swing Intel showed off their mobile silicon to Ryan and to The Tech Report who compiled complete specifications of the Cherry Trail based Atom x5-8300 and 8500 as well as the x7-8700. All three of these chips will have an Intel designed XMM 7260 LTE modem as well as WiFi and NFC connectivity with the X7 also featuring Intel WiGig. You can also expect RealSense, True Key facial recognition and Pro Wireless Display to send secure wireless video to compatible displays for meetings. Check out the full list of stats here.
"Intel says the dual-core Atom x3-C3130 is shipping now, while the quad-core Atom x3-C3230RK is coming later in the first half of the year. The LTE-infused Atom x3-C3440 will follow in the second half. In all, the chipmaker names 19 partners on board with the Atom x3 rollout, including Asus, Compal, Foxconn, Pegatron, Weibu, and Wistron."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- News: The TR Podcast 171: Nvidia takes heat, Carrizo runs cool, and Fractal stays quiet
- Seagate NAS owners: hide it behind a firewall. Fast. @ The Register
- The Samsung Galaxy S6 & Galaxy S6 Edge Unpacked Event @ Tech ARP
- MWC: Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge arrive with metal redesign and QHD screens @ The Inquirer
- Acer enters Windows Phone fray with cheap Liquid M220 mobe @ The Register
- Microsoft Swarms all over Docker Machines @ The Register