Rage against the remake; Jagged Alliance exhumed once again
Subject: General Tech | August 15, 2018 - 03:45 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gaming, jagged alliance rage
The first and second Jagged Alliance games, and to an extent the add-on to JA2 were incredible games for those that liked turn based tactical shooters. From there it was all downhill as the original idea was corrupted into Jagged Alliance Online and the KickStarted Jagged Alliance: Flashback. The devs behind JA Online are now working on Jagged Alliance: Rage!, which puts you in control of some aged mercenaries susceptible to infections and permanent injuries. That mechanic is new and might indicate there is hope for the game yet, especially at the $20 price tag that has been chosen. Take a peek at the announcement video over at Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN.
"In Jagged Alliance: Rage! you are constantly on the brink of breakdown. Badly equipped and outnumbered, it’s up to the player to lead their seasoned mercenaries in tactical turn-based missions and to light the spark of a revolution."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Doom Eternal embraces its retro roots in tons of new QuakeCon footage @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Monster Hunter: World Benchmark Performance Analysis @ TechPowerUp
- Frag for free as Quake Champions drops its initial entry fee @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- The hottest new board games from Gen Con 2018 @ Ars Technica
- Total War: Rome 2 gets prettied up, expanded and sprouts some family trees @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- How Many FPS Do You Need? @ TechSpot
- Fallout 76 turns the gaming trolls into targets @ HEXUS
- Wot I Think - Phantom Doctrine @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN