RTX RDX; Tracing the troubles with the Ti
Subject: General Tech | November 9, 2018 - 12:53 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: nvidia, RTX 2080 Ti
More evidence of issues with the Founders Edition of the RTX 2080 Ti appeared on a screen over at [H]ard|OCP while Kyle was relaxing with a little Hunt: Showdown. Earlier hints of issues occurred, with some initial BSODs and a lacklustre overclocking experiment when trying to push the card beyond it's factory overclock. A new driver just dropped yesterday and Kyle is going to keep testing as there are always numerous variables in these sorts of things but it is worth keeping up with.
On the plus side the crash unlocks a new colourful version of Centipede!
"This case is not in any way running "hot" with a single RTX 2080 Ti. Even this evening I was running its two 280mm fans at high to make sure I was giving it the airflow it needed. This case has been home to dual Titan X cards, as well as Radeon 290X Crossfire, and never had an issue."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- As if connected toys weren't creepy enough, kids' data could be used against them in future @ The Register
- How YouTube's Algorithm Really Works @ Slashdot
- In news that will shock absolutely no one, America's cellphone networks throttle vids, strangle rival Skype @ The Register
- Global server shipments to fall 9% in 4Q18, says Digitimes Research @ DigiTimes
- MacBook Air teardown reveals 'slightly less nightmarish' repairability @ The Inquirer