Podcast #390 - ASUS Z170 Sabertooth Mk1, Corsair Carbide 400C, more about Windows Store Games, and more!

Subject: General Tech | March 10, 2016 - 02:10 PM |
Tagged: podcast, video, asus, z170 sabertooth, corsair, carbide 400c, Windows Store, uwp, dx12, amd, nvidia, directflip, 16.3, 364.47, 364.51, SFX, Seagate, OCP, NVMe

PC Perspective Podcast #390 - 03/10/2016

Join us this week as we discuss the ASUS Z170 Sabertooth Mk1, Corsair Carbide 400C, more about Windows Store Games, and more!

You can subscribe to us through iTunes and you can still access it directly through the RSS page HERE.

The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!

Hosts: Ryan Shrout, Jeremy Hellstrom, Josh Walrath, and Allyn Malventano

Subscribe to the PC Perspective YouTube Channel for more videos, reviews and podcasts!!

Video News

March 10, 2016 | 08:25 PM - Posted by Speely

Gentlemen of PCPer, whomever may be interested:

A couple weeks ago I commented about the ads on the livestream page refreshing and freezing the stream, causing me to have to refresh the page and restart the stream.

It was happening again last night. Only I'm not sure it was the ads, now. I used the "popout" function, opening the stream in its own window, and then closed everything else, so there weren't any ads. And the stream still frequently froze up for me. Like a lot.

Which ticked off my cat, as I was trying to lay on the couch and watch the stream, and he was trying to lay on me, and I kept having to get up to re-start the stream.

I was going to try Twitch, but, well... lol

I'm thinking it might be on my end (stupid Charter), or on YouTube's end, but Ryan asked me to let him know if it happened again.

p.s. I'll still be tuning in as often as I can. I love your show. And thanks for doing what you do, guys. (/suckup)

March 11, 2016 | 02:48 AM - Posted by Master Chen (not verified)

Jeremy, stop smoking so much weed. Master of Orion III exists - http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/19577-master-of-orion-3/data . Just because you personally prefer to deny it's existence out of your personal dislike aimed at that game, does NOT automatically make it nonexistent from the rest of the world.

March 11, 2016 | 01:26 PM - Posted by Jeremy Hellstrom

Sure it does ... because I said so!

Just like midichlorians are some sort of yeast infection that has nothing to do with a galaxy far far away

March 11, 2016 | 04:00 PM - Posted by Master Chen (not verified)

...what?

March 11, 2016 | 06:14 PM - Posted by Speely

No, Jeremy. Midichlorians are heroin.

March 11, 2016 | 06:35 PM - Posted by Jeremy Hellstrom

How silly of me to forget Jedi Party!

March 12, 2016 | 06:04 AM - Posted by Master Chen (not verified)

Actually...midi-chlorians are nothing more than just another naming scheme for...mitochondria. Aya Brea is a Jedi, essentially.

March 13, 2016 | 06:39 PM - Posted by Jeremy Hellstrom

Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell ...

March 14, 2016 | 06:02 AM - Posted by Master Chen (not verified)

Thank you, Captain O. You're on a roll today, as usual.

March 11, 2016 | 03:45 PM - Posted by onion uk (not verified)

Ryan looked like a minion lol

March 12, 2016 | 08:12 AM - Posted by Jann5s

guys, part 3 of SOL is not working/available, can you plz check if theres something you can do?