Podcast #330 - MSI GT72 Dominator Pro, 10 Days of Christmas, Mechanical Keyboards and more!

Subject: General Tech | December 18, 2014 - 02:05 PM |
Tagged: podcast, video, msi, gt72, 10 days of christmas, ncase, Sasmung, vnand, nvidia, amd, Intel, Broadwell, nuc

PC Perspective Podcast #330 - 12/18/2014

Join us this week as we discuss the MSI GT72 Dominator Pro, 10 Days of Christmas, Mechanical Keyboards and more!

You can subscribe to us through iTunes and you can still access it directly through the RSS page HERE.

The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!

• iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the iTunes Store
  • RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader
  • MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file

Hosts: Ryan Shrout, Jeremy Hellstrom, Josh Walrath, and Allyn Malventano

Subscribe to the PC Perspective YouTube Channel for more videos, reviews and podcasts!!

December 18, 2014 | 02:18 PM - Posted by YTech

For the following live podcast, could you give a hard example of the keyboard key switches? Explanation and animation is great, but still hard to comprehend when you don't have access to them. Such as showing the keyboards with various types and how to tell which one is which? I've only used the standard keyboards that came with branded PCs (IBM, LENOVO, HP, COMPAQ, Logitech, etc.).

I would like to know if it is actually worth getting a keyboard with such custom switches. What about a keyboard with mixed switches?

December 18, 2014 | 02:37 PM - Posted by YTech

Orange USB ports are supposed to be a SuperChargeā„¢ Port. I believe they act like the Red USB ports. So, designed to be able to charge devices at a higher amperage.

December 19, 2014 | 12:37 PM - Posted by hoxlund

Alan was on the right track with the part about tv tax in this country. I'm US enlisted air force living in the UK, each household needs to pay a tv tax if you have a "cable" provider.

If you just have televisions and plan on streaming services like Netflix... then you don't have to pay the tv tax. And its not per tv in the house. Just per household

Trust me I've dealt with the government for almost a year with threatening letters and phone calls. They demanded I pay the tv license tax. I've told them numerous times that I don't have tv provider, I just use video game systems and download all my entertainment needs.

I've got to say though, I'm spoiled over here, I pay $40 a month (American $$$) and I receive fiber. 30Mbps down and about 10Mbps and completely unlimited.

December 19, 2014 | 06:26 PM - Posted by siriq111 (not verified)

You don't have to pay that license. They will send out someone to check your place to see, what's going on in that house. If they don't find anything what you need to pay for, then you will not. Many of my friends went thru on this.

December 19, 2014 | 06:21 PM - Posted by siriq111 (not verified)

ASUS D2X is amazing. Picked up long time ago but it is one of the kind for price and quality.