Multi-monitor gaming troubles? It might not be your driver
Subject: General Tech | January 11, 2017 - 05:42 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: patch, oops, microsoft
If you game on multiple monitors and have noticed problems recently, with screens rendering with off clipping or not a timely manner you may want to look to Microsoft. It seems that KB3213986 which was released yesterday, may well be to blame. As there are no serious security updates contained in this particular patch you can feel safe uninstalling it, unless you really need two keyboards and a fingerprint touchscreen attached to your system. Cheers to The Guru of 3D for posting this first.
"Users may experience delayed or clipped screens while running 3D rendering apps (such as games) on systems with more than one monitor."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Windows 10 Creator's Build comes with 'better' privacy and 'no' targeted ads @ The Inquirer
- Citrix buys Unidesk for massive Microsoft Windows rollouts @ The Register
- Tiny Patch Tuesday after heavy Christmas for Microsoft security team @ The Inquirer
- The 3D printers of CES @ Hack a Day
- Juniper warns: Borked upgrade opens root on firewalls @ The Register
- Mint 18.1 review: Forget about Wayland and get comfy with the command line @ Ars Technica