More Star Wars Battlefront news

Subject: General Tech | September 23, 2015 - 01:31 PM |
Tagged: gaming, Star Wars Battlefront

When EA stated there would not be a server browser for their upcoming game many were worried what that would mean for dedicated servers.  Today Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN heard confirmation that there will still be dedicated servers and that there will be a “new skill based matchmaking system” for players looking for games.  The news does give hope to those who were planning on setting up private servers or playing with specific users.

HEXUS also had good news to share, the Beta will be available to one and all, with Walker Assault and Pod Drop maps confirmed to be included, hopefully with some others.  Sadly we do not yet have a date for when the Beta will be available.

"Star Wars: Battlefront will have dedicated servers. EA DICE’s Jamie Keen confirmed the feature to PlayStation LifeStyle at the Tokyo Game Show. It’s good news though a slight surprise, given that it was announced earlier this month that the game wouldn’t have a server browser."

Here is some more Tech News from around the web:

Gaming

Video News

September 23, 2015 | 01:47 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

be very very careful around these claims. Ea usually has something very disappointing that they keep under wraps until launch.

September 23, 2015 | 02:05 PM - Posted by StarWarsMike (not verified)

Knowing that this game is multiplayer only and does not contain a single player campaign, are people still excited about this title's release?

September 23, 2015 | 02:32 PM - Posted by Jeremy Hellstrom

There is the Tatooine Survival mode that can be played alone or co-op but it isn't really a campaign.  Honestly as soom as I see EA and the word Battle I just assume there won't be much single player focus at all.

September 23, 2015 | 04:25 PM - Posted by remc86007

I'm not. I wanted a single player star wars game really badly.

September 23, 2015 | 10:20 PM - Posted by MAXXHEW

I was able to play Star Wars: Battlefront during the Closed Alpha testing. EVERYONE was playing in the multiplayer server... I played the singleplayer campaign for maybe 15 minutes, but it was boring so I went back to the multiplayer. Why would they even bother with a campaign singleplayer mode when their initial tests prove nobody wants to play that mode? BTW... The game is really fun, the graphics are excellent, if you are a fan of everything Star Wars, you are going to love this. I really look forward to this one because I game with my 11 year old son... I don't let him play the rated M adult games, but Battlefront will let us get into the shooters without all the adult content. Right now, MineCraft and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare are about the only games we can really play any FPS or PvP... Battlefront will be a welcomed addition to our library.

September 23, 2015 | 02:44 PM - Posted by spartibus

Typical DICE, who has been struggling with server browsers in literally every game I've played of theirs. They make it seem like the most complicated thing in the world, I'm not surprised they are just getting rid of it altogether, with their awful track record.

September 23, 2015 | 02:55 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

So many people (who know nothing about anything technical) criticize DICE for the terrible job they do. BF4 is an awesome game and an unmatched technical feat. People just love to cry and cry