More Star Wars Battlefront news
Subject: General Tech | September 23, 2015 - 01:31 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gaming, Star Wars Battlefront
When EA stated there would not be a server browser for their upcoming game many were worried what that would mean for dedicated servers. Today Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN heard confirmation that there will still be dedicated servers and that there will be a “new skill based matchmaking system” for players looking for games. The news does give hope to those who were planning on setting up private servers or playing with specific users.
HEXUS also had good news to share, the Beta will be available to one and all, with Walker Assault and Pod Drop maps confirmed to be included, hopefully with some others. Sadly we do not yet have a date for when the Beta will be available.
"Star Wars: Battlefront will have dedicated servers. EA DICE’s Jamie Keen confirmed the feature to PlayStation LifeStyle at the Tokyo Game Show. It’s good news though a slight surprise, given that it was announced earlier this month that the game wouldn’t have a server browser."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Rocket League DLC: REVENGE OF THE BATTLECARS @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- System Shock Is Now Available On GOG @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Total War: Warhammer, Blood Bowl and other Games Workshop table-to-screen delights @ The Register
- Deux Ex: Mankind Divided will support DirectX 12 from launch @ HEXUS
- Video game voice actors propose strike to prove #PerformanceMatters @ Polygon
- Fallout 4 Continues To Explain Skills You Already Know @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Silent Hills Meets Gone Home: Allison Road Kickstarter @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN