Mechs dancing for their lives; what a feeling!

Subject: General Tech | November 28, 2018 - 02:54 PM |
Tagged: battletech, flashpoint, gaming, kick ass

A 100 tonne mech may not qualify as it's own Steel City but that hasn't stopped them from learning some sweet new moves.  The 1.3 patch is accompanied by the Flashpoint expansion, marking some major changes to the game.  If you didn't update to the 1.3 beta to test the new Mechwarrior skills you will have the chance to respec your entire squad with the new special skills, otherwise your crew will remain as it was.

The addon introduces three new mechs, a new environment to stomp through and Flashpoints, which are random missions, with several battles strung together, with no chance to rest or repair between them.  Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN enjoyed the ones they saw, as they include new characters and choices unlike the missions you generally undertake.  Check it out here.

"Flashpoint, the first expansion for wonkily-explained, slow-burn stomp-o-strategy gem BattleTech, does exactly what I wanted it to: gives me a cast-iron reason to keep playing indefinitely. "

Here is some more Tech News from around the web:

Tech Talk

Video News

November 28, 2018 | 02:55 PM - Posted by Jeremy Hellstrom

I have a confession to make. :(

I preordered the seasons pass ... against my own advice.  Even worse, I know I should feel bad about it but I don't.

November 28, 2018 | 04:53 PM - Posted by Anonymously Anonymous (not verified)

And here I thought you were going to confess that you just love to get up and shake your thang to Irene Cara's "what a feeling"

November 28, 2018 | 09:36 PM - Posted by Jeremy Hellstrom

Oh, that's already well known.

December 3, 2018 | 12:40 AM - Posted by Sapphire Ed (not verified)

Jeremy do not feel bad, this is seriously one of the best games out right now.

December 3, 2018 | 03:00 PM - Posted by Jeremy Hellstrom

Only about pre-ordering it ;)