Subject: General Tech | October 11, 2017 - 01:21 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gaming, mechwarrior 5, unreal engine 4
There will still be a long wait for a new mech game, but at least now we are waiting on a definite product or two. Piranha Games have started showing off gameplay of MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries and those who have tried it have been quite impressed. MechWarrior Online has been somewhat satisfying but there are many that have missed a campaign based single player game. This new game will share the DNA of previous Mercenary releases, putting you in complete charge of a mercenary lance of mechs, searching for contracts that bring in enough money to keep your mechs repaired and provide your pilots salaries. PC Gamer had some hands on time with the new game as well as a discussion with the developers. Head on over to take a peek.
"To that end, MechWarrior 5 will feature an unprecedented number of mechs to choose from. "Most MechWarrior games have had maybe 12 to 15 different mech chassis," Bullock explains. “We’re looking at having upwards of 60 chassis with 300 to 400 variants. You could probably play the game multiple times within just one Great House’s space and see different combinations on the free market.""
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Humble Endless Bundle
- Do you need loot boxes to complete Shadow of War’s final act? @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Middle-Earth Shadow of War: Performance Analysis @ TechPowerUp
- Mosh Pit Simulator’s space dinosaurs and boneless idiots @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Intel Core i3, i5, i7 With NVIDIA vs. AMD Radeon For Linux Gaming @ Phoronix
- Supertanks for the memories: Steve Jackson’s Ogre out now (plus some brief impressions) @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- The good and bad of the Star Wars: Battlefront 2 beta @ PC Gamer
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 dev on mod tools, accessibility and favourite mods @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Quake Champions buffs (almost) everyone except Sorlag @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN