Mass Effect 2 Is Now "On the House"

Subject: General Tech | January 5, 2017 - 05:11 PM |
Tagged: mass effect, pc gaming, ea, origin

Just a few months out from Mass Effect: Andromeda, EA has put Mass Effect 2 into their “On the House” promotion. As usual, this is a temporary 100%-off sale; if you get it, then it’s yours. All you need to do is log in to the Origin store, browse the “On the House” sub-section of Free Games, and add it to your library. I’m sure EA would like you to install it and get hooked on the franchise as soon as possible, but you can just leave it there for a while if you’re busy at this point in life.

Mass Effect 2 is generally considered to be the best in the series, at least thus far, so it’s both nice and logical that EA would choose this one for the promotion. The first one had a few technical issues, and it was also the introduction to the series; the team could see what worked and what didn’t, and have the confidence to add new mechanics and so forth. Also, it was apparently designed to be welcoming to players who missed the first game.

Personally, I tried the first Mass Effect but had to reformat my PC before I got more than a couple hours into it, and I never really installed it again. This promotion might be a good excuse to get back into them if I can spare a little time, which, for Mass Effect, means quite a bit of actual time.

Source: EA (Origin)

Video News

January 5, 2017 | 05:28 PM - Posted by odizzido (not verified)

Best in the series? Mass effect 2? Seriously? It's so full of holes and garbage I couldn't stop thinking of how bad it was from start to finish.

I think the first is amazing but the second just didn't even make sense. I never bothered with the third because of how disappointing the second was.

January 5, 2017 | 07:57 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Agreed, 2 is pretty garbage. Fun if you play it first like I did, but once you play either 3 or 1, you realize how watered down it became. 1 is still the best in the trilogy to this day for me. Gameplay wise they got back on track somewhat, but 1 just felt so much better in every single way possible.

January 5, 2017 | 07:36 PM - Posted by PixyMisa

The first is amazing, the second is a little patchy but is redeemed by the Shadow Broker DLC, possibly the best use of DLC in any game ever.

January 6, 2017 | 09:16 AM - Posted by Anonymously Anonymous (not verified)

Shepherd is hot.

January 6, 2017 | 11:03 AM - Posted by JohnGR

January 7, 2017 | 03:07 PM - Posted by Thedarklord

Thanks for the heads up, managed to grab this yesterday when I saw the PCPer post ^.^