Looking for upcoming mobile PC and smartphone release information?
Subject: General Tech | August 29, 2012 - 06:09 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: smartphones, Samsung, release
The Inquirer is the place to be if you are desperate for news from the IFA Technology Conference in Berlin. It seems that most of the major smart phone manufactures are there showing off their upcoming products. You have Samsung showing off the Windows 8 powered Ativ S, the Galaxy Note 2 smart phone, a tablet and a pair of hybrid systems while Sony is showing off three new Xperia phones and an Xperia Tablet.
From ASUS comes a quartet of devices, the dual screen Taichi, Transformer Book, Zenbook U500VZ and Zenbook Prime UX21A Touch. The Transformer Book will look similar to the existing Pad models on the exterior but the interior will be very different as it will be an Intel processor running Win8. All of the above will sport SSDs and the Prime will sport an IPS display, the details on the displays of the other devices were not specified.
You can also check out a review contrasting Apple's new Ipad against the Tegra powered Asus Transformer Pad Infinity which is due for release in Europe in the near future. As this conference is taking place in Europe, many of the phones and other devices on display may never make it to North American markets though you can bet similar devices will.
"SAMSUNG HAS LAUNCHED its first Windows Phone 8 device, the Ativ S, as well as a tablet and two laptop/tablet hybrids that will run Microsoft's upcoming Windows 8 operating system.
The launch comes a week ahead of Nokia's expected launch of its first handset running the next generation Microsoft Windows Phone 8 mobile operating system."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Western Digital shakes off Thailand flood impact, retakes HDD market lead in 2Q12, says IHS @ DigiTimes
- Why the Apple-Samsung verdict is GOOD for YOU, your KIDS and TECH @ The Register
- VMware sees multi-device future on Horizon @ The Register
- Buffalo AirStation 11AC Equipment with 802.11ac Standard Support @ X-bit Labs
- Why AMD FirePro Still Cannot Compete Against NVIDIA Quadro, Old or New? @ VR-Zone/A>
- Firefox 15 offers fewer leaks, more frags @ The Register
- Tale of the Dead Staples Omnitech Shredder - Why Not Fix it Yourself? @ PCSTATS
- Actiontec PWR500 - 500Mbps Powerline Network Adapter Kit Review @MissingRemote