It's an Unreal Deal! Heh Heh Heh

Subject: General Tech | May 22, 2018 - 10:29 PM |
Tagged: pc gaming, epic games, unreal

Seriously, though. Epic Games has just made Unreal Gold available for free on Steam and GoG if you add it to your library before the deal ends. If you have seen our posts about Origin’s “On the House” promotions, then it shouldn’t be too shocking. Still, it’s a good game and you can’t beat 100% off.

Image Credit: UnrealWiki

This aligns with Unreal’s 20th anniversary. The first-person shooter launched on May 22nd, 1998. It was apparently well-received at the time, although people complained that the online multiplayer had issues with lag (and so forth). This feedback lead to Epic’s next title: Unreal Tournament.

As you can probably guess – that title did very well with multiplayer.

Unreal had a sequel, developed by Legend Entertainment (before they were shut down by Atari / Infogrames) called Unreal II: The Awakening. I’ve… never played that one, although it apparently had a dedicated fanbase of its XMP multiplayer expansion.

Source: Epic Games

May 23, 2018 | 09:16 AM - Posted by Anonymous3 (not verified)

UT99 is life.

May 23, 2018 | 10:56 AM - Posted by PsyDShrink (not verified)

A depressive spam bot desperately crying for help. Please somebody help before it is hurting itself... (o.O)

May 23, 2018 | 01:42 PM - Posted by collie

Does anyone know where I can find the Brother Customer Service Number? I also need some help with my HP products, does anyone know where I can find the HP Customer Service Number?

May 23, 2018 | 04:45 PM - Posted by odizzido2 (not verified)

I thought the original unreal was amazing. I should play it again, see how it holds up.

May 24, 2018 | 02:52 PM - Posted by Rocky1234 (not verified)

I got the email for this and got the game download right away. Installed the game and it sure brought back a lot of memories from playing this game when it was the cats meow of games back in the day.