Intel Posts Record First Quarter Revenue of $9.7 Billion
Subject: General Tech | April 15, 2008 - 09:48 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
* Record Server Microprocessor Revenue
* Revenue up 9 Percent Year-over-Year
* Gross Margin up 4 Points Year-over-Year
* Operating Income up 23 Percent Year-over-Year
* Net Income $1.4 Billion; EPS 25 Cents
SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 15, 2008 - Intel Corporation today announced record first-quarter revenue of $9.7 billion, operating income of $2.1 billion, net income of $1.4 billion and earnings per share (EPS) of 25 cents.
"Our first quarter results demonstrate a strengthening core business and a solid global market environment," said Paul Otellini, Intel president and CEO. "We saw healthy demand for our leading-edge processors and chipsets across all segments. Looking forward, we remain optimistic about our growth opportunities as we continue to reap the benefits of our 45nm technology leadership."
To read the complete earnings release, click here.