If you are going to play this game at high resolution it is your Destiny 2 buy a Vega
Subject: General Tech | October 25, 2017 - 02:16 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: nvidia, gaming, destiny 2, amd, 4k, 1440p
In their testing of the new PC port of Destiny 2, The Guru of 3D made some interesting discoveries. The first is that at 1080p, the game's performance can be somewhat limited by your CPU, but not at 1440p or higher resolutions. The second finding is the impressive showing of AMD's Vega 64 and 56 at 1440p and 4K, which both outperform the GTX 1080. It may be that NVIDIA will release an optimized driver and repeat the improvements seen in Forza 7 but for now AMD is in the lead.
"We test that PC enhanced Destiny 2 for Windows relative towards graphics card performance with the latest AMD/NVIDIA graphics card drivers. Multiple graphics cards are being tested and benchmarked. We have a look at performance with the newest graphics cards and technologies."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Winter’s Steam sales approacheth on these dates @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Returning to Second Life @ Ars Technica
- Humble Day of the Devs 2017 Bundle
- Stronghold HD: Free with every meninist fever-dream @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- The best short games on PC @ PC Gamer
- Hitman GOTY Edition announced by IO Interactve @ HEXUS
- Here are Wolfenstein 2’s system requirements @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Stardock CEO talks Star Control: Origins’ player crafting and upcoming beta @ Ars Technica
- Wot I Think: Destiny 2 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation - DX12 & Vulkan Short Analysis @ OCC