If the reset doesn't work the first time ... do it harder! Hard Reset Demo available
Subject: General Tech | September 7, 2011 - 03:50 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: pc gaming, gaming, hard reset, demo
Hard Reset has been described as an Old School Shooter, which you can read as similar to the original Doom. Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN would like you to know that the demo has arrived on Steam as well as several other locations and that you should try to find time in between Space Marine and Deus Ex to play it. The only real difference between this game and the predecessors it honours is your weapon. Instead of starting out against the legions of Hell with a pop gun and hoping to find better weapons before you die, you start with a standard bullet-firing machine gun, and an electricity-firing plasma gun. Through exploration and bloody killing sprees you gain XP which can be spent to upgrade your two weapons and eventually evolve them into completely different weapons.
Enough reading, get out there and start blazing away.
"The first mirror I’ve found for the demo of this “old school” PC-only shooter is here. The second is here. And it’s also on Steam. If you want something to read about what is in store for you while it downloads, you can go here. John says: “That’s mostly what Hard Reset is about. Having some weapons, and shooting at the enemies. Also, shooting at the scenery to make stuff blow up to destroy the enemies. And it’s no more sophisticated than that."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PC) Game Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution @ TweakTown
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution Review @ Techgage
- Hard Reset developer talks quick-saves, royalty rates, and DRM @ Ars Technica
- Gaming Friday: League of Legends @ ThinkComputers
- Jetpack Joyride: my machine gun is a jet pack, your argument is invalid @ Ars Technica
- Battlefield 3 interview with Kevin from EA @ kitguru
- Borderlands 2 Hearts The PC @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- A Date For A Game Of A Game Of Thrones @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Wot I Think: Space Marine @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Driver San Francisco Game Review (XBOX 360) @ HardwareHeaven
- Bodycount XBOX 360 Game Review @ HardwareHeaven
- F1 2011 Preview XBOX 360 @ HardwareHeaven