Holy failed patch Batman!
Subject: General Tech | December 14, 2011 - 12:42 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gaming, dx11, batman arkham city
Batman makes it three for three as far as failed patches go for the current major releases. Battlefield's patch was probably the best of the three, Skyrim being the worst with Batman's simply failing to deliver what it promised ... improved DX11 performance. [H]ard|OCP recently reviewed the original game and now has published the results of their testing with the new patch. The good news is that most of the stuttering and crashes have been fixed, leaving only significantly lower performance when in DX11 mode compared to DX9. Originally you could expect a 50% reduction in fps when enabling DX11 and NVIDIA users can expect the same results at this point, AMD users will see their performance reduced by even more than pre-patch though the game its self should be more stable. If you want to run Batman Arkham Asylum at high resolution, you better have two GPUs.
"Days after our Batman: Arkham City Gameplay Performance and IQ review was published, the game was patched. The patch was ostensibly reported to fix DirectX 11 performance problems plaguing the game, but does it really do the trick? Where do our DX11 video cards stand now?"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- World of Tanks NVIDIA 3D Vision Game Review @ Benchmark Reviews
- Serious Sam 3: BFE @ kitguru
- Alan Wake PC: The First Interview @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Hands On: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Browse’n'Bash: C&C Tiberium Alliances @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Nuclear Dawning For Free This Weekend @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Star Wars: The Old Republic @ HardwareHeaven
- Batman: Arkham City Performance After The DX11 Patch @ Legit Reviews
- Valve, Half-Life 3 release date, and that t-shirt logo @ HEXUS
- More Details about South Park: The Game @ Kitguru
- Ninjalane Podcast - HWBot Country Cup 2011 Our Best Games of the Year
- Assassins Creed: Revelations PlayStation 3 @ Tweaktown