Hack a Day Prize kicks off today for those with creative spirits and skills
Subject: General Tech | March 20, 2017 - 12:38 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: hackaday prize, contest
The 2017 Hack A Day Prize kicks off today and for anyone thinking of joining, or who has a project they have started or are thinking of starting then you should sign up as there is a huge list of prizes. In addition to the grand prizes are prizes awarded in five different categories, the first of which is for project design, you don't need a physical product to win this category, a best design plan with details on how the project could help change the world from the better will walk away with the first prize. The design purpose also matters, your plan might not compete in the IoT category but could soar in the wheels, wings, and walkers or assistive technology portions of the contest. Check out the rules and regulations and pop a bookmark into your browser to see what the winners and runners up have created!
"We have over $250,000 in cash going out to hundreds of entries this year. The Grand Prize of $50,000 is joined once again this year by the Best Product Prize of $30,000. Four other entries will place second through fifth and receive $20k, $15k, $10k, and $5k respectively."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- USITC to investigate AMD's claims of LG, MediaTek patent infringement @ The Inquirer
- A router with a fear of heights? Yup. It's a thing @ The Register
- Cisco uncovers Telnet zero-day flaw in WikiLeaks' Vault 7 CIA dump @ The Inquirer
- O'Reilly Site Lists 165 Things Every Programmer Should Know @ Slashdot
- The Raspberry Pi is suddenly the third best-selling computer ever @ The Inquirer
- User jams up PC. Literally. No, we don't know which flavour @ The Register