HP's mobile Haswell lineup
Subject: General Tech | September 19, 2013 - 01:51 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Spectre 13, hp, Leap Motion. spectre 17, hybrid
HP announced quite a few new products though they went a little light on the specs as far as many enthusiasts would prefer. The Spectre 13 will be a hybrid tablet and laptop, the screen a 13" 1080p and the full device being 13.4mm thick, weighing 1.47kg and selling for over $1000. Perhaps the most interesting feature of this device is that has no fans in the keyboard portion, something very rare in Haswell machines. They've also released some limited info about a 17" model which has a Leap Controller built into it, which is a little less expensive than the hybrid model and will give you a chance to wave your hands at your PC. The Inquirer spills what it knows here.
"COMPUTER MAKER HP announced a raft of PCs and laptops today, including a fanless 2-in-1 detachable Haswell powered ultrabook and a notebook with a leap motion controller built in."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Kernel Developers, Linus Torvalds Emphasize Diversity for Innovation @ Linux.com
- Intel Iris Pro Linux Graphics Yield Some Wins Against Windows @ Phoronix
- Accurate temperature control of your 3D printer extruder @ Hack a Day
- Cyanogenmod goes pro, looks to create a better version of Android @ The Inquirer
- iOS 7 review @ The Inquirer
- Meet the Unmagnificent Seven: The critical holes plugged in Firefox update @ The Register
- Mountain Mods Ascension CYO @ Modders-Inc
- Apple iPhone 5S 64GB @ eTeknix
- TESORO Joint Giveaway - Win 3 Kuven 7.1 Virtual Surround Headsets & 3 Gandiva Gaming Mice @ NikKTech