Firefox 2 this afternoon, tweak guide this morning
Subject: General Tech | October 24, 2006 - 03:56 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tweaknews grabbed the 'early' release of Firefox 2.0, and has already published a tweak guide. Mozilla's response to the early release can be found here, they are asking people to refrain from downloading directly from the ftp site, as it could cause voluntary mirror sites to be not so willing to participate in the future.
So for now, read the Tweak Guide, it's only a few hours 'till the release.
"The comprehensive Firefox Tweak Guide at TweakGuides.com has been completely revised for the release of Firefox 2.0. Everything in the
guide has been retested, refined, and new tips, tweaks and details of the new features for Firefox 2.0 have been added. I strongly recommend
that you start with a fresh install of Firefox 2.0 and then follow the guide from start to finish to get excellent results."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Firefox Developers Not Scared of IE7 @
- Google announces brand spanking new search engine @ The
- Pandemic Studios creates second development team @
- Microsoft Vista EULA spits in the eye of self-builders
worldwide @ HEXUS
- Windows Mobile 6.0: A Preview
- The Future of Open Source Education
and Adoption @ OSWeekly
- Elife Colorful Card USB Drive @ ThinkComputers
- Lots of Hi-Speed USB Pen Drives Tested — 512MB to 4GB @ Tweaktown
- Sumo Lounge Omni Bean Bag Chair Review
@ XYZ Computing
- Win a Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultra kit with SpecialTech @ Overclock3d