FarCry 3: Blood Dragon Free from Ubisoft Club

Subject: General Tech | November 9, 2016 - 07:05 PM |
Tagged: ubisoft, pc gaming, free games, free

Ubisoft has been giving away a game for free to all who claim it, once per month. If you do, then it is yours forever. If not, then you missed it. The most recent entry is FarCry 3: Blood Dragon, which is a standalone spin-off of the Einstein-quoting island shooter that parodies 80s action content. These games will be delivered by their UPlay digital distribution platform, and you require an Ubisoft account to claim it, but that's your choice to make for free content.

We're almost at the end of Ubisoft's 30th anniversary promotion, with just a single title left. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm guessing it has some significance to the company and, like the announcement of a sequel to Beyond Good and Evil, could be accompanied by larger news.

Any guesses?

Source: Ubisoft

Video News

November 9, 2016 | 07:44 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

I'd it weren't doe having to install up lay, I might actually be interested.

November 9, 2016 | 08:55 PM - Posted by CNote

damn bought that a month ago for like $3

November 10, 2016 | 03:14 AM - Posted by JohnGR

I spend many hours with Rainman last month. Pretty nice game from the past with modern graphics. Maybe the only occasion where I have to congratulate Ubividia for their initiative.

November 10, 2016 | 12:23 PM - Posted by Jeremy Hellstrom

Sorry to disembowel your post John but until the children that are trying to ruin it for everyone get bored and wander off back to eating glue I am killing any political stuff I see.

It is unfortunate that is having an effect on the regulars, but please stick to tech until they get grounded again.

November 10, 2016 | 03:34 PM - Posted by JohnGR

No problem. That part was and marked as "off topic" anyway. I'll stay with tech(which sometimes it is like "Oh OK, I will stop playing with hydrogen bombs and I will only play with typical nukes").

November 10, 2016 | 04:28 PM - Posted by Jeremy Hellstrom

LOL, that's the spirit.  We've actually come up with something amusing we are going to try instead of just deleting the BS.

November 10, 2016 | 10:51 AM - Posted by Anonymously Anonymous (not verified)

On topic, maybe now Valve will take hte hint and do some game giveaways.

oh well, I got blood dragon 3 back when it first came out, I couldn't stop playing it because of just how corn-ball-cheesey it was. We need more games like it.

November 10, 2016 | 01:33 PM - Posted by brucek2

This provides a good opportunity to measure the value that gamers place on a better / more unified Steam experience vs. having to deal with UPlay. Given the option to have it on Uplay for free, will people still buy it on sale at Steam for $5 (or whatever the deal is?)

I bought my sale copy on Steam a while back and have absolutely no regrets about having paid the few extra dollars to have it there.