Don't fall for Fallout 4
Subject: General Tech | September 9, 2015 - 03:54 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: preorder, fallout 4, bethesda
JUST SAY NO TO PREORDERS!
It is that simple, if you want companies to stop offering supposedly magic beans to people who are willing to shell out money to an established corporation for a product that is still in development then do not preorder anything. If a company has already broken even on a product they haven't even finished, do you really expect them to work as hard at polishing the final release when any copies sold after the release date are pure profit?
Not only that, this habit leads to worse habits such as offering the chance to pay $30 for DLC that doesn't exist for a game still in development. That's right, if you toss another $30 at Bethesda right now then you will get a "Season Pass" for Fallout 4 which will contain $40 worth of DLC that even Bethesda doesn't have a clue as to what it will be. Maybe Dogmeat will get a hat and your character can sport a merkin. Seriously, as much as you may love the Fallout franchise, do not help to ruin it by giving Bethesda about $100 for a product which is not finished yet! The news about modding tools which will be available which was shared with Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN is nice, hopefully that is not considered DLC.
“Since we’re still hard at work on the game, we don’t know what the actual DLC will be yet, but it will start coming early next year,” quoth Bethesda. I bet they have some idea, given Fallout 4 itself is surely deep in bug-splatting, QA, and certification at this point and there’ll be a whole load of devs hanging around needing things to do."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Ant Simulator Looks Pretty, Also Real Ants Make Terrifying Traps @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Wot I Think: Pillars Of Eternity – The White March Part 1 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Guild Wars 2 Is Going Free @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Stealth service – Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain @ The Register
- Dustwind: Real-Time Tactical Post-Apocalyptic Action @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Not Dinosaurs: Dragon Age’s Trespasser DLC Released @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- The Recreated ZX Spectrum launches @ HEXUS
- Company of Heroes 2 Is The Latest Linux Game Showcasing AMD's Performance Wreck With Catalyst @ Phoronix