Doing laps 'round Las Vegas
Subject: General Tech | January 8, 2013 - 12:17 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: CES, ces 2013, amd, nvidia, Intel, gigabyte
With so much to see at CES 2013 and with the vendors so far away from each other it is impossible to see it all in the limited time available, which is why it helps that there are other sites covering CES who might catch something Ryan and the boys didn't get to. For instance The Tech Report had a chance to look at Gigabyte's new ultra thin GA-H77TN and GA-B75TN mini-ITX boards which will work in cases much thinner than a conventional board. They also saw both AMD's upcoming roadmap and a tablet from Vizio using one of AMD's APUs while Intel showed off new Atoms and 7W Ivy Bridge CPUs. They also weigh in on NVIDIA's new gaming box and the new Zbox. Keep your eyes peeled on our front page as our coverage will be picking up as Las Vegas begins to come alive for another day of CES.
"The Consumer Electronics Show is off to a busy start, and we have staffers on the scene in Las Vegas and covering the show remotely. Before the show floor even opened, AMD, Intel, and Nvidia held major press conferences to reveal new products and discuss future plans. We have the goods on AMD's upcoming APUs, Intel's reference design for Haswell convertibles, Nvidia's Tegra 4 SoC, and other goodies from not only those companies, but also Gigabyte, Zotac, Lenovo, Vizio, and the USB 3.0 Promoter Group."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- CES: Day one roundup @ The Inquirer
- CES: AMD announces its Temash tablet platform @ The Inquirer
- CES 2013 Day 0 Coverage @ Legit Reviews
- New AMD APUs feature built-in gesture control powered by eyeSight @ DigiTimes
- AMD taps gamer and ex-Nvidia exec to run its channel @ The Register
- NVIDIA GeForce 600 "Kepler" On Open-Source: It's Uselessly Slow @ Phoronix
- AWS puts sysadmins on call everywhere, all the time @ The Register
- Three EnGenius routers reviewed: ESR-300H, ESR-600H and ESR-750H @ Hardware.info
- Home built stun baton turns you into a cop from Demolition Man @ Hack a Day