Coffee Lake ssssssssssssssssss
Subject: General Tech | September 13, 2018 - 12:41 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: rumour, leak, Intel, coffee lake s
The S in Coffee Lake S should obviously sound like air slowly leaking out of an air mattress as we now have an idea of the pricing before Intel has official announced them. The prices come from a Singaporean site, so the direct currency conversion which The Inquirer links to may not be completely accurate but the prices do seem in the right ballpark. You can expect to pay around $452 for the i9-9900k with the i7-9700k coming in one hundred dollars cheaper at $352 or $251 for an i5-9600k. If these prices are more or less correct then AMD's Ryzen 2 chips are noticeably less expensive.
We do have to wait for the release before we can give you performance per dollar ratings, either by thread or by chip.
"INFO AROUND INTEL'S 9th-gen chips is leakier than a bucket that been battered by a morning star, an indicated by the prices for the next wave of Intel CPUs slipping out prematurely in Singapore."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Tesla Issues Software Update To Extend Some Cars' Batteries Due To Hurricane Florence @ Slashdot
- ou know all those movies you bought from Apple? Um, well, think different: You didn't @ The Register
- Android 9 Pie, thoroughly reviewed @ Ars Technica
- A12 Bionic: A closer look at the world's first 7nm smartphone chip @ The Inquire
- 2-bit punks' weak 40-bit crypto didn't help Tesla keyless fobs one bit @ The Register
- noblechairs Hero Gaming Chair Build & First Impressions @ [H]ard|OCP
- Catch The Predator With Kaspersky Lab and Win Prizes! @ TechARP