CES 2015: ASUS Strix True 7.1 Channel Gaming Headset
Subject: General Tech | January 5, 2015 - 02:30 PM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: strix, gaming headset, ces 2015, CES, asus, 7.1 headset
The Strix True 7.1 Channel Gaming Headset is on display at CES, and the "true" in the name isn't just marketing.
This gaming headset actually features 10 neodymium magnets and volume controls for each channel. This multi-drive mania promises "lifelike, immersive audio" and considering we're talking about 20 discrete drivers I have no reason to doubt these have that capability.
The headset's control also works as a USB sound card with in-game audio control
The Strix True 7.1 Channel Gaming Headset also features static and breathing lighting effects, environmental noise cancellation, and multiple sound profiles.
- 10 neodymium magnets and volume controls for each channel
- Plug-and-play USB audio station
- Static and breathing lighting effects
- 90% environmental noise cancellation
- 4 game-audio spectrum profiles for first-person shooter (FPS), racing, and action/role-playing games (RPG)
- 110mm protein leather cushions: Highly breathable material is perfect for long gaming sessions
- Foldable ear cups: Travel-friendly design lets you game anywhere
Owl stuff is so in right now
The product page is up on the ASUS site, but no official word on pricing or availability just yet.
Follow all of our coverage of the show at http://pcper.com/ces!