April releases are coming from AMD and Intel
Subject: General Tech | March 21, 2018 - 02:48 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: H310, H370, B360, Q360, Q370, Intel, amd, ryzen 2000, x470, b450
With both AMD and Intel scheduled to release new chips in a few weeks it looks like it will be a busy April for reviewers. Motherboard manufacturers are hoping the retail market will also be a busy as they have all seen slower sales this quarter than they achieved a year ago. Indeed total global motherboard shipments slipped 15% in 2017, a noticeable slowdown. Intel will be refreshing Coffee Lake and adding several new chipsets while AMD will be introducing Ryzen 2000 as well as two new chipsets.
From the looks of the names, which are listed at DigiTimes, the naming conventions for the two competing companies will remain annoyingly similar.
"Asustek Computer, ASRock, Gigabyte Technology and Micro-Star International (MSI) have all begun making deployments, hoping their motherboard shipments in the second quarter can at least remain at levels similar to those a year ago, according market watchers."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- CUDA is Like Owning a Supercomputer @ Hack a Day
- Microsoft Says Windows 10 Spring Creators Update Will Install in 30 Minutes @ Slashdot
- Blackberry enlists those tired of life to promote its phones in exchange for swag @ The Inquirer
- CTS who? AMD brushes off chipset security bugs with firmware patches @ The Register
- How To Detect + Fix Sitemap Problems In Google Search Console @ TechARP
- NETGEAR Nighthawk XR500 Wireless Gaming Router @ Kitguru
- Nitro Concepts Series S300 Gaming Chair @ TechPowerUp