Another Beautiful, Profound Breach of Nintendo Trademarks

Subject: General Tech | January 18, 2017 - 08:13 PM |
Tagged: pc gaming, ue4, Nintendo

Once again, one of CryZENx’s videos found its way into my YouTube recommendations list. This one outlines progress on their recreation of various Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time elements in Unreal Engine 4. While the graphics have been updated significantly, such as using inverse-kinematics for foot positioning, they have also remade the original pause menu, which wraps around the camera like a box (with no top or bottom).

If anyone is wondering, inverse-kinematics is an animation tool that focuses on goals, as opposed to individual rotations. Instead of bending a knee by X degrees and bending the hip by Y degrees, you say that the foot of the skeleton must be at some point, and the skeleton adjusts to make that happen. This is obviously much easier for animators to visualize in many situations, especially when trying to align to objects that you know will be in range of the skeleton, but not exactly where.

I’m not exactly sure how Nintendo hasn’t struck their Patreon and YouTube pages yet, given their reaction to other fan materials. I’m glad it’s up, though. They’re quite impressive homages to the games they love.

Source: CryZENx

Video News

January 18, 2017 | 08:35 PM - Posted by Jgr9 (not verified)

Extreme motion blur!

January 19, 2017 | 02:54 AM - Posted by JohnGR

Considering how fast Nintendo is improving it's hardware in it's consoles, I would guess that they will archive those graphics and frame rates by 2030. And before someone jumps in to tell me that I don't have a clue about Nintendo's targeting audience and stuff, they did put a $300 price tag on the Switch.

January 19, 2017 | 04:50 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Nintendo marketing focus is on children. Children do not care much about graphics. It is enough that colors are bright and saturated.

Children do not know much about money. They just cry out loud to make parents buy stuff they want. It works.

January 19, 2017 | 12:05 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Get out of my hair you pesky kids! Here take this Nintendo and get out of my sight, you bother me![ Goes into the the nearest saloon and orders a stiff one ] And Bartender use the special ice cubes! They keep the water out of the booze and makes those damn children more tolerable!

January 19, 2017 | 02:59 PM - Posted by JohnGR

Touch childhood? Spoiled kids?

January 19, 2017 | 06:33 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

What is "Touch" childhood! And you do get the cultural reference from the old black and white movie days in the post that you replied to!

January 20, 2017 | 03:13 AM - Posted by JohnGR

An evidence that I can kill the English language any time. It should be "tough".

"cultural reference from the old black and white movie" ?

I probably missed something here. My apologies if I misunderstood the post.

January 19, 2017 | 06:59 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

They will be releasing Mario Run 26 at that time, and be LONG gone from the hardware, thank god. Who needs a crappy shield TV that can barely display 900P at 30 FPS? As usual, they are 5 years behind everyone.The Wii miracle won't repeat.

January 29, 2017 | 09:15 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

I can't believe people are giving this hack money, a lot of the work on models wasn't even done by him. He just uses popular characters from games to promote his work, how many views would he get if all of his content was self-made?