ASUS Announces ROG Horus GK2000 Mechanical Keyboard
Subject: General Tech | February 8, 2016 - 07:00 AM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: ROG, Republic of Gamers, mechanical keyboard, GK2000, cherry mx red, asus
ASUS has announced a new mechanical keyboard from their Republic of Gamers division, and the Horus GK2000 sports an aluminum upper body, with Cherry MX Red switches under the ABS keycaps.
The keyboard is a standard 104 key layout, with an additional 5 macro keys to the left, and wheels for volume and backlight control on the right side. It features 1000 Hz polling rate and offers a 2x USB 2.0 hub and 3.5 mm audio passthrough. As mentioned above key switching is handled by Cherry's MX Red, a linear switch which provides a lower actuation force than the MX Black.
In addition to the angular styling and large detachable palmrest, the GK2000 also offers adjustable (red) lighting to further enhance its appearance. We've seen quite a bit of the black/red color scheme for products targeting the gaming segment, and in this case it compliments the design of the company's ROG Swift monitors and other gaming products.
- Interface: USB 2.0 (1000Hz) with NKRO (can be disabled)
- Layout: Standard 104 + 5 macro keys (left) + ROG key (right) + volume and backlight wheels (right)
- Keyboard switches: Mechanical Cherry MX Red 45 g, 2 mm actuation, 4 mm travel
- Volume knob: Infinite wheel switch (scroll to increase/decrease backlight)
- USB hub: 2x USB 2.0
- Audio pass-through: 1x audio, 1x mic
- OS support: Windows XP/ Windows Vista /Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 8.1/ Windows 10 32/64 bit
- Approx. dimensions: 52.65 x 17 x 4.9 cm
- Palm rest: 47.2 x 8.3 x 2.4 cm
- Cable: 180 cm braided cable
- Keycaps: ABS with UV grip coating
- Materials: 3 mm brushed aluminum, 3 mm sandblasted aluminum, ABS underside
- Weight: 1700 g
No pricing or availability information accompanied the announcement.