AMD and the 4K secret
Subject: General Tech | May 3, 2018 - 01:39 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: adrenaline 18.4.1, Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, amd
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 Driver Version 18.10.01.05 (extended edition) quietly arrived yesterday with a variety of fixes as well as a new feature for AMD cards; 4k Netflix. AMD have added support for the Microsoft PlayReady 3.0 DRM which along with a display which supports HDCP 2.2, is required to stream Netflix in 4k. You can check out the bug fixes included in this update as well as a caution about using multiple GPUs when watching Netflix right here, or you could head over to The Inquirer as they reveal the drawback to streaming Netflix on Windows.
"The 18.4.1 drivers for the hyperbolically named driver software brought in support for the Windows 10 April Update as well as some fixes for known issues in a suite of triple-A games."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- TSMC’s Roadmap Full, But Thin @ EE Times
- DDoS attacks in Europe 'down 60 per cent' following WebStresser takedown @ The Inquirer
- We just wanna torque: Spinning transfer boffins say torque memory near @ The Register
- How Reliable Are 10TB and 12TB Hard Drives? Backblaze Publishes Q1 2018 Hard Drive Reliability @ Slashdot
- Google Is Building a Secret Social-Gaming Startup Called Arcade @ Slashdot
- Cambridge Analytica dismantled for good? Nope: It just changed its name to Emerdata @ The Register
- The 2018 LG Electronics Home Technology Showcase @ TechARP