CES 2017: Hands-on with the ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ HDR Monitor
Subject: Displays | January 6, 2017 - 12:33 PM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: swift, ROG, PG27UQ, monitor, high dynamic range, hdr, display, CES 2017, CES, asus
While the announcement of a new 27-inch HDR display from ASUS leaked a bit early, the ROG Swift PG27UQ is now official, and Ryan spent some quality time with this impressive display at CES:
There is no shortage of lust-worthy specifications from the PG27UQ, with a 144 Hz refresh rate from its 4K panel, NVIDIA G-SYNC HDR with 384-zone local dimming from its direct LED backlighting system, 1000 nit peak brightness, and quantum dot technology for a wide color gamut.
Here are the specifications for the ROG Swift PG27UQ from ASUS:
- Display Resolution: 3840x2160
- Panel type: 27in (16:9) IPS panel
- Backlight Type: Direct LED; dynamically controlled across 384 zones
- High Dynamic Range: Yes, HDR 10
- Refresh rate: Up to 144Hz
- Brightness: 1,000cd/m² (peak)
- Quantum Dot Technology: Yes
- Input: DisplayPort 1.4 x2, HDMI x1
No specifics on pricing or availably have been announced yet.
(Update -- Scott Michaud @ January 6th, 11pm EST: ASUS has published a blog post claiming that the monitor will be available in Q3. OC3D claims that the price will be $1199, although that doesn't seem right and our anonymous sources have it closer to $1500.)
Follow all of our coverage of the show at https://pcper.com/ces!