Why just build a system when you can frame it? Thermaltake's Core P3 wall mount enclosure

Subject: Cases and Cooling | September 12, 2016 - 03:35 PM |
Tagged: wall mount, thermaltake, Core P3

We spotted the Thermaltake Core P3 wall mounted enclosure at CES but never had a chance to set up a system inside of it.  Recently [H]ard|OCP did have an opportunity to test out this enclosure which can either stand on its own or be easily attached to a wall.  They walk you through the assembly of the case, the variety of accessories which ship with the case and the various configuration options the Core P3 offers.  Not only does this case make your system look very unique, it passed their cooling tests with flying colours.  It retails for ~$120, not bad at all for a decent case, let alone such a unique looking one.  Check out their full review right here.

"The Thermaltake Core P3 chassis can be mounted standing, in a desktop orientation, or directly to the wall. The open design allows you to see all the components in your system easily and the wall-mount option allows you to place your system in view like a work of art. All of these options come in at an easy-on-the-wallet price as well."

Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:

CASES & COOLING

Source: [H]ard|OCP

September 12, 2016 | 03:49 PM - Posted by Anonymously Anonymous (not verified)

Wall mounted PC cases have never seemed like a good idea to me, the flexibility of moving it around as needed or even working on it become very annoying very fast. It seems to me to be for a small niche of people, otherwise as a regular case it's nothing superspecial.

September 13, 2016 | 01:42 AM - Posted by BlackDove (not verified)

Not to mention having all the electromagnetic interference of an open case.

September 13, 2016 | 10:19 AM - Posted by LegoGuy (not verified)

And as a ham radio operator, that'd kill me.
It's hard enough already operating next to my computer, but losing the metal EMI shield of the case would be just too much...

September 13, 2016 | 11:07 AM - Posted by BlackDove (not verified)

How bad is the EMI and what kind of case do you have?

Do you use any special shielding tapes, gaskets etc?

November 24, 2016 | 12:24 PM - Posted by EVILANDLAZY (not verified)

VESA quick disconnect brackets make it simple to pop on and off the wall, just be damn sure it's sturdy enough to support your system.

September 12, 2016 | 04:10 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Dust, dust everywhere.

September 13, 2016 | 04:01 AM - Posted by Kraaketaer

My thoughts exactly. The whole point of this case is to show off your PC, right? Unless you live in a chip fab or other clean room, that means regular cleaning even with dust filters. This thing? It'd look awful in a day, perhaps two.

It's not even like it would be hard to implement - even while looking good. Seal off the sides with glass, add some minimalist filtered mesh on the top and bottom, with fan mounts in the bottom. Done.

September 13, 2016 | 01:36 PM - Posted by Penteract (not verified)

One would think an open case might have a dust issue, but that has never been a problem with my Antec Skeleton which I've been using for over 6 years.

I think the biggest cause of dust accumulation is inadequate air movement inside the case. The Skeleton has a large fan that blows directly down on the mainboard. (Not that I recommend the Skeleton, it's a bit of a pain to build in, which is silly for an open-bench style case.)

September 12, 2016 | 06:20 PM - Posted by Kingkookaluke (not verified)

I have the P5...It's freakin' Huge! You'd need a 4x4 stud to wall mount that sucker.

September 12, 2016 | 08:44 PM - Posted by kenjo

does it look like this?

September 12, 2016 | 07:58 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

What's with the cross site scripting PCPER? My browser is blocking it left and right. What's up with your ad partners and those nefarious cross site scripting attempts!

September 13, 2016 | 01:40 AM - Posted by BlackDove (not verified)

Are their ads infected? Do you have Malwarebytes Anti Exploit? It will give a basic forensic analysis for the exploit.

September 13, 2016 | 01:28 PM - Posted by Penteract (not verified)

I'm running Firefox with NoScript and have had no issues with scripts trying to run on it. NoScript notifies me when a site tries to so not sure what's going on for you. Possibly a virus or other malware?

September 12, 2016 | 09:06 PM - Posted by AcidSnow

This would be great for people who have pets, and lots of hair and dust floating around their floors... My PC is in my livin groom (wood floor) and only 1 dog, but there's a TON of dust that accumulates in just a month! I've even put a simple filter over my main intake fan, because it's so gross.

Putting this PC high up on a wall away from hair and dirt on the ground would make for a cleaner PC.

September 12, 2016 | 09:13 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

I think it looks amazing. I wouldn't mount it to the wall but just sit it on my desk to gaze upon :)

September 12, 2016 | 11:19 PM - Posted by quest4glory

I have a Tt case (Core X9) but I will say the hate is incoming, "thermalfake" comments, etc.

September 13, 2016 | 07:33 AM - Posted by Baldrick's Trousers (not verified)

No. No it's not. I'm not going to post at all this time.

...

Damn!

September 13, 2016 | 07:45 AM - Posted by Baldrick's Trousers (not verified)

But I would ask people to consider buying the original wall mounted case that Thermaltake copied from someone.

September 13, 2016 | 10:46 AM - Posted by AlexJs (not verified)

Pretty dumb idea unless you also have an air cleaner in the room (or a good air filter in your central air system which should be running 24/7). Much easier to clean removable case filters instead of blowing (potentially allergenic) clouds of dust all over the room with compressed air. Especially if you have pets - I have a cat which sheds A LOT and I find its hair even at the places the cat can't actually reach (such as the ceiling-mounted room exhaust fans).

September 13, 2016 | 01:14 PM - Posted by Kingkookaluke (not verified)

You guys don't get it. This case isn't for someone who keeps the same parts around for a long time. It's for people who change out parts often.