Tired of single plane shiny metal coolers?
Subject: Cases and Cooling | February 18, 2013 - 11:49 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: prolimatech, Genesis Black
If you are bored of the standard 1 kilogram block of shiny silver metal heatsink in your case, Prolimatech has something for you; the Genesis Black. With six heatpipes and the ability to support up to three 140mm fans, the black finish on the aluminium heatsinks and the unique horizontal and vertical design will make your system stand out. On many modern motherboards, that second fin should float above your DIMMs and not only give you enough clearance for DDR3 with heatspreaders but the fan should also increase airflow over those fins. Even better, the test results that Hardware Secrets produced prove this is an effective design as well.
"The Prolimatech Genesis Black Series is a CPU cooler with two heatsinks, one vertical and one horizontal. It supports up to three 120 mm or 140 mm fans. Let's test it."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Corsair H100i CPU Cooler Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross Rev. B @ X-bit Labs
- Overclocking Coolers on a Budget: Scythe Katana 4 vs. Thermalright TRUE Spirit 90 @ X-bit Labs
- Efficient Silence from a Giant: SilverStone Heligon HE02 @ X-bit Labs
- be quiet! Shadow Rock TopFlow SR1 CPU Cooler Review @ NikKTech
- SilverStone Nitrogon NT06-Pro CPU Air Cooler @ [H]ard|OCP
- Fractal Design Adjust 108 Fan Controller Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- NZXT Kraken X60 Liquid CPU Cooler @ eTeknix
- Swiftech H220 Compact Drive II CPU Water Cooler @ Tweaktown
- Nanoxia Deep Silence 2 Case @ AnandTech
- ZXT Phantom 630 High Performance Modular Full-Tower Chassis @ Tweaktown
- Silverstone Precision PS08 @ techPowerUp
- Thermaltake System Cases: 5 Models @ X-bit Labs
- Cougar Spike Micro-ATX PC Case Review @ Legit Reviews
- Xigmatek Asgard Pro @ techPowerUp