Threadripper cooler on an AM4 socket? Yes, you can!
Subject: Cases and Cooling | September 12, 2017 - 02:57 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: amd, Threadripper, ryzen 7, AM4, XSPC RayStorm
The question is if installing the XSPC RayStorm Threadripper waterblock on an AM4 actually improves your systems thermals. [H]ard|OCP tested out the difficulty of the installation process and the performance of the cooler on a Ryzen 7 1700X overclocked to 4GHz. The mounting worked exactly as advertised, mating perfectly with the AM4 processor; the performance on the other hand demonstrates the advantage of using coolers specifically designed for your processor.
"If you could mount your Threadripper custom cooling waterblock on your socket AM4 Ryzen 7 CPU, wouldn't you? Of course the answer is yes. However, the results turned out a bit different than we thought those might."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Game Max Iceberg 240mm Liquid Cooler @ Kitguru
- Swiftech Apogee SKF "Heirloom Series" CPU Water Block @ techPowerUp
- Thermaltake View 27 Snow Gull-Wing @ [H]ard|OCP
- CRYORIG H7 Quad Lumi @ techPowerUp
- Be quiet! Shadow Rock TF 2 CPU Cooler Review @ NikKTech
- Gigabyte ATC700 AORUS CPU cooler @ Guru3D
- Corsair Commander Pro: fan, lighting, temperature control w/ Link @ Kitguru
- Rosewill ORBIT-Z1 @ techPowerUp
- Fractal Design Meshify C @ Guru3D
- Mean:IT 5PM LUM RED Case @ Modders-Inc
- Game Max Moonstone (Tempered Glass w/ RGB Fans) Case @ Kitguru