The Reeven Steropes cooler is flat as a pancake
Subject: Cases and Cooling | January 23, 2015 - 06:54 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: reeven, steropes, low profile, air cooling
The Reeven heatsink stands a mere 125x60x129 mm and weighs barely over a pound even with the included fan installed. This will be perfect for an incredibly thin system and with its small foot print it won't interfere with your RAM as it is not big enough to overhang the DIMMs on most boards. This will by necessity reduce the cooling capabilities as you can see in techPowerUp's testing with an i7-4770K. For those looking for a tiny system that is not going to be an issue and at full speed the fan doesn't reach more than 47dBA so it is also good for those who desire quiet as well as small size. This one is worth checking out if you are looking at this type of build.
"Reveen looks to impress with their small-form-factor friendly Steropes low-profile CPU cooler. At just 60 mm tall, this diminutive cooler may lack size, but it certainly doesn't lack style. Offering solid performance and low noise, it might be just what you need for a SFF or HTPC."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- be quiet! Pure Rock CPU Cooler Review @HiTech Legion
- DeepCool GamerStorm Captain 240 All-in-One Liquid CPU Cooler @ Modders-Inc
- Cooler Master Nepton 240M AIO CPU @ eTeknix
- Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 mATX/mITX PC Case Review @ NikKTech
- Thermaltake Core V21 Stackable Micro-ATX Chassis @ eTeknix
- Lian Li PC-T80 Modular Test Bench Chassis @ eTeknix
- Raijintek Metis Mini-ITX Aluminum Chassis @ eTeknix
- Corsair Carbide 330R Titanium Edition Review @ OCC