Need to cool off? Get naked with the Ncore V1
Subject: Cases and Cooling | April 5, 2018 - 03:09 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: ncore v1, watercooling, NudeCNC, Kickstarter
[H]ard|OCP offered a preview of NudeCNC's frameless waterblock, the NCore V1 before it launched it's Kickstarter. Since that preview, the Kickstarter has launched and perhaps more importantly [H] got their hands on a V1 prototype to test. They compared it to the XSPC RayStorm Pro, without springs, so they could get a comparison on performance and flow rates. The cooling results were almost exactly the same, both the flow rate and temperature which was a little disappointing considering the performance NudeCNC has claimed. Read through the article for their thoughts on why this is and what the future holds for the NCore.
"The Ncore V1 is a prototype CPU water block for custom built PC cooling loops. It has a couple of big draws when it comes to enthusiast features, namely it is a direct-die cooler, and the other feature is that no mounting hardware is required. We have put the Ncore V1 through some cooling and have results to share."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Barrowch Threadripper Water Block Breakdown @ [H]ard|OCP
- Koolance CPU-400I Water Block @ TechPowerUp
- Koolance 400A-S Threadripper Water Block V2 Breakdown @ [H]ard|OCP
- EK Fluid Gaming A120 & A240 Liquid CPU Cooling Sets Review @ NikKTech
- Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 @ Modders-Inc
- Rockit Cool Rockit 88 Delid and Relid Tool @ [H]ard|OCP
- Cooler Master MasterCase H500P Mesh White @ Kitguru
- Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX Tempered Glass @ TechPowerUp
- Deepcool Dukase Liquid Review – integrated liquid cooling! @ Kitguru