More Threadripper waterblocks, including an unfamiliar name
Subject: Cases and Cooling | September 19, 2017 - 03:59 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: XSPC, water cooler, Threadripper, RayStorm Neo, Bykski, amd, A-RYZEN-Th-X
[H]ard|OCP have been hard at work testing a variety of Threadripper compatible AIO watercoolers, sometimes with their own adapters as these products are very new. They just revisited the XSPC RayStorm Neo which performed exceptionally and also note that the retail version will not feature mounting for AM4 processors. The second waterblock they tested was the Bykski A-RYZEN-Th-X, not a familiar name but also a very effective choice for cooling ThreadRipper processors. Take a look at the testing process as well as their recommended methods for properly spreading thermal paste on AMD's new big silicon.
"We have been waiting for AMD Threadripper CPU custom cooling parts to make their way to us. We have our first two purpose-built Threadripper waterblocks from XSPC and Bykski. We put both these coolers to the test with our 4GHz overclocked Threadripper in hour long stress tests to see how our temperatures fare."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Keeping Intel Core X-Series CPUs Cool With Noctua Air Cooling @ Phoronix
- Reeven Naia 240 AIO Cooler @ Modders-Inc
- FSP Windale 4 @ techPowerUp
- SilverStone Case Storage Series CS350 @ Phoronix
- Riotoro Prism CR1280 Full Tower RGB @ Guru3D
- Silverstone Kublai KL07 @ techPowerUp
- BitFenix Nova TG PC Case @ Guru3D
- Raijintek PAEAN Case @ Modders-Inc