Feeling left out of the loop when it comes to Vista?
Subject: Cases and Cooling | September 25, 2006 - 11:53 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Well, you don't have to feel like that any longer, Microsoft has opened up a beta version that anyone can download and install. The Inquirer has the link straight to the download page for the DVD. It will take a while to finsh, so don't hold your breath, and whatever you do, don't overwrite your main copy of Windows, use a spare HDD!
"SOFTWARE GIANT Microsoft seems to have allowed the great unwashed the chance to play with its trial versions of Vista.
The Vista 5728 build became 'publically available' over the weekend here. Âµ
Vole says it decided to release Vista to the riff raff because it has a number of improvements and updates from RC1, but has not been put
through the same internal testing process as RC1 and therefore may be unstable. "
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- The Odd Browsers Out: Deepnet, Netscape, and
SeaMonkey @ ExtremeTech
- Symantec slams Firefox again @ The Inquirer
- Emails that self destruct arrive @ The Inquirer
- Digital Photography from 20,000 Feet @
- HyperKore System Giveaway @ Modders-Inc.com
- Online Internet Security: When to draw the line against Internet
Paranoia @ Tweaknews
- True OS Mobility: A Fact or
a Myth @ OSWeekly
- The Sorry State of Operating
Systems @ OSWeekly
- OS Users are
Attack Dogs @ CoolTechZone
- TUESDAY ONLY! NTI Offers free copy of USB utility
software @ OCModShop
- Stompfest 2006 @ Techgage
- When Titans Join Forces: Implications
of the AMD-ATI Merger @ Hardware Zone
- DTech Bluetooth & USB 2.0 Hub @ ThinkComputers