Corsair Releases SF450 and SF600 SFX Power Supplies
Subject: Cases and Cooling | March 8, 2016 - 11:06 AM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: small form-factor, SFX, SFF, SF600, SF450, PSU, power supply, corsair
Corsair has released their first SFX form-factor power supplies today, with the SF450 and SF600. Both are fully modular designs, and offer high-quality components as well as an 80 Plus Gold certification.
The Corsair SF600 SFX power supply
The power output for these PSUs are indicated by the naming, with the SF450 outputting up to 450W, and the SF600 up to 600W. These power supplies both feature "Zero RPM Fan Mode", which allows them to run without the fan during less strenuous loads, and all capacitors are Japanese made, and rated for up to 105 °C operation.
Here are the specifications and features from Corsair:
- SFX Form Factor: Designed for high performance small form factor systems.
- 80 PLUS Gold certified: High-efficiency operation for less excess heat and lower operating costs.
- Fully modular cable set: Detachable DC cables make builds and upgrades easy, with clean, great-looking results.
- 100% All Japanese 105°C capacitors: Premium internal components ensure solid power delivery and long term reliability.
- Zero RPM Fan Mode: Virtually silent operation at low and medium loads.
- Seven year warranty: Your guarantee of reliable operation that will last across multiple system builds.
- MSRP: SF600 $119.99, SF450 $89.99
The SF600 pictured with its flat, ribbon style cables
Pricing is listed at $89.99 for the 450W version, and $119.99 for the 600W version. As to availability, the companty states that the SF450 and SF600 are "available immediately worldwide from Corsair’s worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors".