CES 2016: In Win Displays Revised 805 Enclosure Concept
Subject: Cases and Cooling | January 8, 2016 - 07:15 PM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: tempered glass, In Win 805, in win, enclosure, concept, CES 2016, CES, cases
In Win was showing a concept for a new version of their 805 chassis at their booth on the CES 2016 show floor, and this version adds a special front panel with an infinite LED effect from its dual-mirror construction.
In addition to the cool front panel effect the 805 concept is compatible with RGB headers on certain motherboards (such as the ASUS ROG board used in the booth display), which control case lighting effects. The system on display was cycling color along with the ASUS ROG logo on the motherboard, and created a unique effect – especially given the front panel design, which really needs to be seen in person to maximize the effect.
Internally we are looking at the same enclosure as the existing 805, a fantastic looking design with tempered glass side panels, and here are the specifications of that enclosure (which launched back in August of 2015):
- Case Size: Mid Tower
- Material: Aluminum and 3 mm tempered glass
- Internal drive bays 3.5"/2.5" x2 + 2.5" x2 (up to 4 drives total)
- Motherboard: ATX / Micro-ATX /Mini-ITX (max 12” x 10.5”)
- Expansion slots: 8
- Power supply: ATX 12V, PSII Size and EPS up to 220mm
- Front I/O: USB 3.1 TYPE-C x1, USB 3.0 x1, USB 2.0 x2, HD Audio
- GPU support: Up to 320mm (164 mm height)
- Cooling support:
- CPU heatsink up to 156mm
- Front 120/140mm Fan x2
- Rear 120mm Fan x1 (Included)
- Bottom 120mm Fan x2 (HDD cage removed)
- Liquid cooling support:
- Front: 120/140/240/280mm Radiator (Height up to 60mm)
- Rear: 120mm Radiator (Height up to 35mm)
- Dimension (HxWxD) 476 x 205 x 455 mm (18.7”x 8” x 18”)
In Win is looking for feedback with this concept of a new 805 design, and the current 805 (minus the infinite LED front panel) is available for $169 (Newegg) here in the US.
Follow all of our coverage of the show at http://pcper.com/ces!