CES 2015: Corsair HX1200i Power Supply Announced - Fully Modular 1200W Platinum PSU
Subject: Cases and Cooling | January 6, 2015 - 12:00 PM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: PSU, power supply, modular psu, corsair, ces 2015, CES, 80 Plus Platinum, 1200w
Today Corsair is announcing a new member of HX series of power supplies, the HX1200i.
Providing 1200W of 80 PLUS Platinum certified power, Corsair says the HX1200i will be able to drive up to quad-GPU setups with 92% or better efficiency. The fully modular design uses flat ribbon cables for clean cable routing, and Corsair has made use of "specially selected low-noise components" which include 100% Japanese capacitors rated to 105° C. For low noise the Zero-RPM fan mode only spins the PSU fan when needed, and the PSU is rated for continuous power at a full 50° C.
The HX1200i will carry a 7-year warranty, and also includes Corsair Link integration which allows users to customize the fan speed and offers "real-time monitoring of the PSU’s voltages, efficiency and temperatures".
- 1200 watts
- 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency
- Fully modular DC cable set
- 100% Japanese electrolytic capacitors rated at 105°c
- Zero-RPM fan mode for virtually silent operation at low and medium loads
- Corsair Link support for monitoring efficiency, voltages, power output, temperature, and fan speed plus user customizable setting of rail modes and fan speed.
- Fluid dynamic bearing fan
- Continuous power rated at 50° Celsius
- 7 year warranty
- MSRP $269.99
The HX1200i will retail at $269.99 and will be available next month, with a February 2015 release scheduled.
Follow all of our coverage of the show at http://pcper.com/ces!