Antec Announces P9 Window Full-Tower Enclosure

Subject: Cases and Cooling | May 2, 2016 - 09:00 AM |
Tagged: side window, P9 Window, mid-tower, Full-Tower, fan controller, enclosure, case, atx case, antec

Antec has listed a new P9 Window tower enclosure on their site ahead of Computex, and while it's listed as "not available" at the moment, that should change by the end of the month.

So what is this P9 Window? It's a straightforward case with a big side window, excellent storage and cooling support, and dual onboard fan controllers.

"Don’t let the sleek, understated exterior fool you. The P9 Window is loaded with builder-focused features that deliver performance, Quiet Computing, and future-proof expandability right out of the box. The interior volume, the variety of cooling options, and the modular HDD cages are just a few of the features that make the P9 Window stand out in the Performance One series."

Specifications:

• Motherboard Support: ATX, micro ATX, mini ITX
  • Expansion Slots: 8
  • 13 Total Drive Bays:
    • 3 x Tool-less 5.25” ODD Bays
    • 8 x Tool-less 3.5” HDD trays (each compatible with 2.5” SSD)
    • 1 x 3.5” HDD (inside the 5.25” drive cage)
    • 2 x Tool-less 2.5” Dedicated SSD Bays
  • Cooling System:
    • 2 x Front 120mm (included) fan
    • 1 x Rear 120mm (included) fan
    • 3 x Top 120mm or 2 x 140mm fan mounts (optional)
    • 1 x Bottom 120mm (optional)
    • 2 x 120mm HDD cage fan mounts (Optional)
  • Water cooling support:
    • Front: Supports 240mm radiator
    • Top: Supports240/280/360 mm radiator
    • Pump / Reservoir mounting brackets included
    • Removable / Relocation of HDD cages for water cooling pump
  • I/O Ports:
    • 2 x USB 3.0
    • 2 x USB 2.0
    • 2 x Fan controls
    • Audio In/Out
  • Washable air filters (front intake and PSU)
  • Supports up to 430 mm VGA cards
  • Bottom mounted ATX PSU (not included)
  • Dimensions: 22.44” (W) x 23.50 (H) x 11.26” (D)
  • Weight: 20 lbs

Pricing shown in Antec's listing is a reasonable $109 for a full-tower design like this, and we'll doubtless get a chance to see how its performing soon enough as reviews start coming out.

Source: ComputerBase

Video News

May 2, 2016 | 09:54 AM - Posted by funandjam

It looks very similar to the Antec 1100 on the inside(which is the case I have). The biggest gripe I have about my case is that hte drive cages are riveted in place, is that the same with this case?

May 2, 2016 | 10:36 AM - Posted by Sebastian Peak

Antec says both cages are removable, and they appear to be removed in the last photo in this post.

May 2, 2016 | 11:50 AM - Posted by funandjam

Well, while it is my fault for not reading all of the text, but I would have thought that the removable feature would have also been listed in the section titled "13 Total Drive Bays:" and not just in the "Water cooling support:" section.
As far as the picture goes, from that angle I can't tell if the drive cage supports are removed or not. I mean it is obvious all the sleds are taken out because of the fans, but really hard to tell if the support brackets are still in place. I say that because in my 1100, there are spots to mount fans attached to sides of the drive cage support brackets.
Price is decent too, about what I payed for my case 4 years ago.

May 2, 2016 | 12:24 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Antec guys suck balls. Corsair or GTFO. Decent case though. Just F the company, PM's, Reps, and their notoriously shitty Product Support in the channel.

May 2, 2016 | 01:34 PM - Posted by Master Chen (not verified)

"Decent case or Corsair" it is, indeed. GTFO.

May 2, 2016 | 01:33 PM - Posted by Master Chen (not verified)

DAT reset button...

May 2, 2016 | 05:32 PM - Posted by Lance Ripplinger (not verified)

I hope you can get a review of this case Sebastian. I haven't been impressed with Antec cases for a long time. They were the king back in the day, and now they are an embarrassment and I think they should be ashamed of themselves.

May 24, 2016 | 11:18 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

i think the case looks perfect. for one thing, a bluray burner is a necessity, so im glad they kept the 5.25" bays. and since there are 3 of them, you can install an icydock or two and ditch the hdd cages, for superior air flow. also, 360mm top rad support. this case has the perfect feature set. my only gripe is that they didnt go with more aluminum.