All in the wrist? Fingering your Threadripper's TIM
Subject: Cases and Cooling, Processors | March 9, 2018 - 02:45 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: amd, Threadripper, tim, ryzen
If you are looking for advice on how to install and cool a Threadripper. [H]ard|OCP have quickly become the site to reference. They've benchmarked the majority of waterblocks which are compatible with AMD's big chip as well as publishing videos on how to install it on your motherboard. Today the chip is out again, this time it is getting a manually applied TIM facial. Check out Kyle's tips on getting ready to coat your chip and the best way to spread the TIM to ensure even cooling.
"AMD's Threadripper has shown to be a very different CPU in all sorts of ways and this includes how you install the Thermal Interface Material as well should you be pushing your Threadripper's clocks beyond factory defaults. We show you what techniques we have found to give us the best temperatures when overclocking. "
Here are some more Processor articles from around the web:
- How To Install the AMD Threadripper CPU @ [H]ard|OCP
- AMD Ryzen 3 2200G & Ryzen 5 2400G APU Review @ Neoseeker
- The AMD Ryzen 3 2200G With Radeon Vega 8 @ TechARP
- AMD Ryzen 3 2200G + Ryzen 5 2400G Linux CPU Performance, 21-Way Intel/AMD Comparison @ Phoronix
- The AMD Ryzen 5 2400G With Radeon RX Vega 11 @ TechARP
- AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Linux Gaming Benchmarks @ Phoronix