Subject: Motherboards | January 24, 2014 - 04:25 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: msi, Z87I GAMING AC, mini-itx, z87
MSI's Z87I GAMING AC is a mini-ITX board suitable for a small mobile gaming machine thanks to a 16x PCIe 3.0 port and both a KillerNIC for wired connectivity and dual band WiFi thanks to the onboard Intel 7260 chip. Also worth noting is the PS/2 port, aka the gaming port, which has been modified to accept a polling rate of 1000Hz for either a mouse or keyboard. [H]ard|OCP had some small difficulty with the extra drivers for the KillerNIC and Command Centre but as they are optional that did not concern them overly; especially once they got around to overclocking with this board. Check out the full review here.
"With gigantic towers going the way of the dinosaur and power coming in smaller and smaller configurations mini-ITX gaming oriented motherboards are more attractive than ever before. We put the Z87I GAMING AC to the test and find out if good things come in small packages or big headaches do. "
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- MSI Goes Mini! Z87I Gaming and GTX 760 Mini ITX Gaming Review! @ Bjorn3D
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87 @ eTeknix
- ASRock Fatal1ty B85 Killer @ eTeknix
- Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 Z87 Motherboard Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Asrock Z87 Extreme11/ac @ Legion Hardware
- ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition Motherboard Review @ Bjorn3D
- Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2 @ Kitguru