Subject: General Tech | June 8, 2011 - 12:32 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: xfx, PSU, easy rail, contest
XFX is giving away 10 PSUs, one each day, to a lucky winner who has registered for their giveaway. Each day they zero out the applications so you must re-enter the contest every day, though only one entry per day will count. Winners will get an email and have 24 hours to respond otherwise XFX will pick a new winner. You can also read more about XFX 's PSUs on this page in case you aren't convinced that getting one for free is a good enough reason to try them out.
- Contest Period: June 6-10, 2011 and June 13-17, 2011.
- Everyone that registers from 12:01 AM to 12:00 PM on the contest period above will be drawn each day for a daily prize.
- Please register only once a day. Duplicate entry on the same day will be taken out to give everyone equal winning chance.
- Winners will be chosen in a daily drawing. If you don’t win today, you can register again tomorrow for a chance to win tomorrow’s prize.
- Winners will be contacted via email. You have to reply back to us within 24 hours of the time of receiving the notification to be able to win the prize. If 24 hours are past, we will contact the next eligible winner of that day.
- Once winners are confirmed, we will announce their name on this contest page. This contest is open to North America residents only
- You must be 18 years old and up to be qualified for this contest. You must register with a valid email address and mailing address in order to qualify to win. You are not qualified to enter the contest again if you are already win the prize in this same contest.
Subject: General Tech, Graphics Cards | May 24, 2011 - 02:29 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: xfx, sapphire, powercolor, msi, his, free, dirt 3, amd
If you haven't heard of DiRT 3 by now, you've been missing one of the more technically innovative games developed recently. Racing fans will go overboard for the choice of cars, spanning 50 years of racing history, which you can compete with in races across all terrain types and the more artistic will like the freestyle gymkhana events.
The techies will be impressed by the depth of support for DX11 features and we're not just talking about tessellation added on as an afterthought. The game was designed from the ground up to take advantage of the best graphics cards and to move the way light and shadows interact beyond DX10 HDR and the features other new games have been using.
Whichever you are, picking up a new Radeon card from Sapphire, Powercolor, MSI, HIS or XFX nets you a free copy of the game! How can you go wrong with that?
Being a Gaming Evolved title, we worked with Codemasters very closely on this one - DiRT 3 makes advances in graphics technologies, taking full advantage of the DirectX™ 11 API, first supported by AMD Radeon graphics. Here’s a glimpse of what DiRT 3 is truly capable of doing – giving players the ultimate visual experience:
- Shader Model 5.0 Contact Hardening Shadows
- DirectCompute Accelerated High Definition Ambient Occlusion
- Optimized Hardware Tessellation
We believe DiRT 3 is such a great game, that we’ve been working with our AIB partners to make this game widely accessible to everyone who buys an AMD Radeon graphics card from our select AIBs, FOR FREE – please visit www.amd.com/dirt3 for more details.