Wire Free with RGB
Corsair has been on a roll lately. We’ve looked at a number of their peripherals here at PC Perspective and have consistently found them to be well-built, performance accessories for your gaming rig. Today we’re leaving the keyboards and mice behind to take a look at a different, more divisive product category: the gaming headset. Corsair’s Void Pro RGB Wireless looks great on the surface but does it have the sound and comfort to match? Let’s take a closer look and find out.
Specifications and Design
- MSRP: $99.99 (Amazon.com)
- Wireless: Yes
- Wireless Range: Up to 40 feet (12m)
- Surround Sound: Virtual 7.1 Dolby Headphone
- Headphone Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20 kHz
- Headphone Impedance: 32 Ohms @ 1 kHz
- Headphone Drivers Drivers: 50mm
- Headphone Connector: USB Dongle
- Battery Life: Up to 16 hours
- Microphone Type: Unidirectional noise cancelling
- Microphone Impedance: 2.0k Ohms
- Microphone Frequency Response: 100Hz to 10kHz
- Microphone Sensitivity: -38dB (+/-3dB)
- Lighting: RGB
- Audio CUE Software: YES
- Warranty: Two years
As always, we begin with packaging. Corsair always does a good job here. We find the usual black and yellow trim with the shard background on the face, as well as our key feature callouts. You can’t see it well on the box since they went with a black and white aesthetic but both the “sails” logo and the trim on the microphone’s boom arm are illuminated, though only the former is RGB. Inside the box, we find the headset well packaged without any annoying tie-downs.
Subject: General Tech | June 16, 2016 - 11:43 AM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: XPoint, xbox one, void, video, Strider, Silverstone, rx 480, rx 470, rx 460, podcast, PHAB2, Optane, MX300, Lenovo, GTX 1080, Egil, crucial, corsair, asus, arm
PC Perspective Podcast #404 - 06/16/2016
Join us this week as we discuss the new Crucial MX300 SSD, news on upcoming Xbox hardware changes, GTX 1080 shortages and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the Store (audio only)
- Google Play - Subscribe to our audio podcast directly through Google Play!
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader (audio only)
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
This episode of the PC Perspective Podcast is sponsored by Lenovo!
Hosts: Ryan Shrout, Allyn Malventano, Jeremy Hellstrom, and Josh Walrath