Subject: Memory | September 15, 2011 - 04:12 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: corsair, vengeance lp 8gb, low power
Regular viewers of our podcast know that Josh's favourite component right now is RAM, specifically high performance RAM for dirt cheap. This RAM would certainly count, not only do you get two 4GB sticks for $53, it is low profile and at 1.35V is very low powered as well. Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB runs 1600MHz stock @ 9-9-9-24 timings and even features a white heatspreader to give you cool running and unique looking RAM. It doesn't have to stay low power either, when Overclock3D started earning their name and pumped the voltage up to 1.65 they could reduce the timings to 7-8-7-24 or pump the speed to 1866MHz @10-11-10-27.
"If you're on the lookout for a low voltage memory kit, perhaps Corsair have just the ticket."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- Corsair Vengeance LP White PC3-12800 8GB Kit @ Tweaktown
- VisionTek High Performance PC3-12800 8GB Kit @ Tweaktown
- Visiontek Ultimate Performance 12GB / 24GB PC3-14900 CL10 1866mhz @ kitguru
- Corsair Dominator GT 1.5v PC3-17066 8GB Kit @ Tweaktown
- Patriot Viper Xtreme PC3-17066 4GB Kit @ Tweaktown