Subject: Displays | November 18, 2015 - 10:04 AM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: U2477PWQ, PLS, monitor, HDMI 2.0, AOC, 4k monitor, 24-inch display
AOC has announced a new, compact 4K display with a PLS panel, and the U2477PWQ also features HDMI 2.0 input.
With a PLS panel providing a full 178/178 viewing angle the U2477PWQ looks like an attractive alternative to TN designs, if similarly priced. The 16.7 million colors specified indicate the use of an 8-bit panel/processing, so this won't offer the same level of color gradation as a 10-bit IPS (or PLS) panel, though likely not an issue unless this is intended for serious color work. As far as the ergonomics are concerned, the display stand offers full hight/pivot/tilt functionality, and there is also a standard 100 mm VESA mount on the back.
Specifications from AOC:
- Monitor Size: 23.6 Inch
- Resolution: 3840x2160@60Hz
- Response time: 4 ms
- Panel Type: PLS
- Viewing Angle: 178/178
- Colors: 16.7 Million
- Brightness: 300 cd/m2 (type)
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 50M:1
- HDCP: Compatible
- Input: DVI, HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort, D-Sub
- Ergonomics: Pivot, Swivel, Tilt -5/+23; Height Adjustment 130mm
- Other Features: FlickerFree, Vesa Wallmount 100x100, i-Menu, e-Saver, Screen+
- Power Source: 100 - 240V 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: On 34W; Standby 0.5W; Off: 0.3W
This new display is listed on AOC's European site here, and it appears that the U2477PWQ is not yet available in the United States.