Introduction and Features
(Courtesy of Corsair)
Corsair recently refreshed their TX Series power supplies which now include four new models: the TX550M, TX650M, TX750M, and TX850M. The new TX-M Series sits right in the middle of Corsair’s PC power supply lineup and was designed to offer efficient operation and easy installation. Corsair states the TX-M Series power supplies provide industrial build quality, 80 Plus Gold efficiency, extremely tight voltages and come with a semi-modular cable set. In addition, the TX-M Series power supplies use a compact chassis measuring only 140mm deep and come backed by a 7-year warranty.
We will be taking a detailed look at the TX-M Series 750W power supply in this review.
Corsair TX-M Series PSU Key Features:
• 550W, 650W, 750W, and 850W models
• Server-grade 50°C max operating temperature
• 7-Year warranty
• 80 PLUS Gold certified
• All capacitors are Japanese brand, 105°C rated
• Compact chassis measures only 140mm (5.5”) deep
• Quiet 120mm cooling fan
• Semi-modular cable set
• Comply with ATX12V v2.4 and EPS 2.92 standards
• 6th Generation Intel Core processor Ready
• Full suite of protection circuits: OVP, UVP, SCP, OPP and OTP
• Active PFC with full range AC input (100-240 VAC)
• MSRP for the TX750M is $99.99 USD
Here is what Corsair has to say about the new TX-M Series power supplies: “TX Series semi-modular power supplies are ideal for basic desktop systems where low energy use, low noise, and simple installation are essential. All of the capacitors are 105°C rated, Japanese brand, to insure solid power delivery and long term reliability. 80 Plus Gold efficiency reduces operating costs and excess heat. Flat, sleeved black modular cables with clearly marked connectors make installation fast and straightforward, with good-looking results."
Subject: Cases and Cooling | February 21, 2012 - 03:06 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: TX750M, TX550M, Corsair PSU, Corsair Enthusiast Series, PSU, modular psu
Perhaps we should rethink the component that Corsair is best know for as [H]ard|OCP points out that they currently have seven families of PSU on the market right now. They mention that fact when starting out their review of the Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX550M and TX750M PSUs. They passed the PSU torture tests with flying colours but still feel short of an award due to pricing. With so much competition in the PSU market right now it is not enough for a PSU to provide solid power, it must also be priced similarly to the competition.
"Are you a "hardcore PC gamer?" A "Performance Enthusiast?" Or "Anybody who appreciates a combination of high performance standards and affordability?" Corsair Enthusiast Series power supplies in 550 watt and 750 watt are reviewed today and we will tell you whether or not we see those as enthusiast PSUs."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Antec HCG-620M 620 W @ techPowerUp
- OCZ ZT 650W @ Guru3D
- Enermax Revolultion87+ 1000-watt @ Tweaktown
- Thortech Thunderbolt Plus 1200 W @ techPowerUp
- Enermax Platimax 850 W Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Enermax Platimax 750W - 80 Plus Platinum Arrives @ AnandTech
- SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1200-watt @ Tweaktown
- NZXT HALE82 850 Watt Modular Power Supply Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Kingwin LZP-1000: Platinum Efficiency at a KiloWatt @ SPCR
- Antec VP450 Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Athena Power AP-MFATX40P8 400 W Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Spire BlackDragon 400 W @ techPowerUp
Introduction and Features
Corsair Memory continues to expand their PC power supply offering with the introduction of four new modular power supplies in their Enthusiast Series; the TX550M, TX650M, TX750M and TX850M. Corsair designed all of the new modular power supplies to deliver clean, stable, continuous power at an affordable price for PC gamers and performance enthusiasts. All of the Enthusiast Series TX Modular power supplies feature an energy-efficient design (80Plus Bronze certified), quiet operation and are backed by a 5-year warranty with lifetime access to Corsair's comprehensive technical support and customer service.
Here is what Corsair has to say about their new Enthusiast Series TX Modular PSUs:
"Corsair Enthusiast Series power supply units are designed for hardcore PC gamers, performance enthusiasts, and anybody who appreciates a combination of high performance standards and affordability. Enthusiast Series PSUs are 80 Plus Bronze certified, and are available in both modular and non-modular configurations.
Based on the award-winning Enthusiast Series TX V2 line, Enthusiast Series Modular PSUs add a modular cabling system for improved installation flexibility. It provides a great combination of exacting performance standards and affordability. "