Subject: General Tech, Mobile, Shows and Expos | September 4, 2013 - 11:34 AM | Scott Michaud
Tagged: TF701T, ifa 2013, asus
Among the ASUS announcements is their new Transformer Pad TF701T. Being a Transformer Pad, the TF701T is an Android Tablet which can be used alone or docked in a keyboard for extra battery life and USB 3.0 support -- or, of course, for a keyboard. The touch display is IPS-based, 10.1", and with a native resolution of 2560x1600.
The other raw specifications include:
- NVIDIA Tegra 4 T40X quad-core SoC.
- 2GB DDR3L RAM
- WiFi B/G/N (dual-band) with Miracast support
- Bluetooth 3.0+EDR
- Speaker with ASUS "SonicMaster" technology
- 32GB and 64GB options
- MicroSDXC port on tablet if you need more storage.
- SDXC port on the dock if you need even more storage or, of course, to load pictures from a camera
- USB 3.0 (on dock).
- 3.5mm headphone/microphone jack.
I find it somewhat interesting that ASUS listed the Tegra 4 "T40X". It seems odd to declare a specific model if, unless I completely missed something, Tegra 4 is not announced to be binned in to multiple SKUs. This might suggest Tegra 4 will have more options than simply, "Get Tegra 4 or wait for Tegra 4i with the built-in Icera modem". Then again, it could be another case of over-description. Either way, it is something we will watch closely and report further on.
Pricing and availability information has not yet been released.